Tuesday 16 April 2013

Major Project - Trousers and tshirt

I have amended the pattern for the trousers, cut them out and sewn them together, I think they look really nice but I do need to add some stitches at the bottom of the fly opening area to secure the opening and the finish. I have added poppers to the opening to fasten, and added a origami applique to cover the popper stitching on the front.
The t-shirt has also been finished and has gone together very well.
I know that my strengths lay within in pattern drafting and construction. I am fast on the sewing machine and I have a very sound knowledge of construction. I see things in 3D in my head so I have little trouble working out how things will go together and I can easily see how flat patterns will be made from the 3D image in my head. For these reason I also know that I will need to concentrate my time on my journal writing and my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment