Friday 5 April 2013

Major Project - and trousers

I have amended the top by adding cotton to the front and leaving jersey at the back. This proved a little difficult because I had to drop the shoulder seam down at the front to allow for the weaving on the shoulder which has to be created in the jersey fabric. Once this had been achieved all went together quite simply and the design seemed to hang just as I needed.
The trousers toile went together well but due to the way they do up it was proving a mystery how to face the waistband. After asking a few people including my tutor I decided the best way was to amend the pattern slightly to include the height in a waistband and then apply the facing to the front instead of the inside and use it as a waistband that has been layered over the top.
Next I need to amend pattern slightly to incorporate these alterations and as this does not affect the overall assembly I can go straight to final garment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment