Tuesday 16 April 2013

Major Project - short dress

I have now attached all of the budellini, but it is not hanging right at all, and this does not translate on photo. The budellini style piping appears to be too short, I measured and re-measured but it appears too narrow.
I need to think how to improve this so that my collection isn't compromised.
The dress is quite wide at the bottom so after thinking about it I have decided to undo the side seams and make the front of the dress pattern slightly narrower from the hip down so that it is the same as the piping.
After I did this the dress looked much better.
Finally i decided to hand stitch all of the twists and weaves in place so that they do not slip and contort the dress.
The overall appearance is much better. I am happier now as this was something that was stressing me slightly, I am now free to stress over something else, like my portfolio.




No comments:

Post a Comment